I dug this up from many years ago, just as good today as it was then!
Team Rules - by Brian Smith
- It's all about the customers! We must provide a reliable and cost effective solution!
- If there are customers on it, then it is in production and will be treated as production until the customers are off and it is NOT in production.
- You can't say that's not my job, you may direct someone to the appropriate person or group if you can’t help them.
- All Negative customer experiences must be escalated, no matter who you believe is responsible
- If a project deadline is in jeopardy, you must escalate immediately.
- There is no excuse use official methods (i.e. Open an Incident in the official ticketing tool)
- When you are on call, you must be available to work on an issue.
- Document before you execute and open a change for all changes (use official tools)
- Do your best to not directly delete anything, take offline for 3-7 days when possible