Monday, July 11, 2011

R.I.P. my first iPad2 4/4/11 to 7/8/11

broken_iPad

Oh how I barely knew you, only a little over 3 months old before you were dropped to you death by my 7 year old daughter on the tile floor.  I always assumed we'd part because you’d get stolen out of my car. Why didn't she break my old iPad1?

Luckily, the story has a happy ending, when googling to find a repair shop, I found a number of people saying that apple had replaced their iPad for free as a one-time-only courtesy.  I went down to my local apple store, they did give me a replacement iPad right there on the spot, with a warning that next time it will cost me $350 to repair it.  Thank you Apple, nice job, very classy move.  I was most likely going to go with a droid tablet next time, now the decision will start out leaning twards and iPad3.

No comments: