Saturday, May 30, 2009

ESX 4 HA Errors

So I had read ESX4 was better about HA setup than 3.x. I was in the beta, but didn't have the chance to test HA. So after upgrading the production cluster to ESX4, HA was broken again.

Enabling HA gave the error:
"Cannot complete the configuration of HA agent on the host. See the task for details for addional information. Misconfiguration in the host network setup."

After poking around for a while, I realized that one host had a bad Default Gateway (off my 1) setup. After correcting that, HA works like a champ.

I did also fix the fact that one of my /etc/hosts files had my VMOTION service console IP and not the correct primary SC IP.

But its all good new..

ESX 4 is really nice..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Brian! Saved me a stack of time!