Tuesday, August 4, 2009

DC's out of Time Sync

So apparently NET TIME is depricated, and replaced iwth w32tm /monitor and other w32tm (windows time) commands.

Doing my w32tm /monitor command showed me that my DC's were out of sync. Seeing this I wondered why. I noticed in the registry that many of my DC's were syncing with time.windows.com. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Parameters

Since my PDC emulator has the appropriate settings to be an NTP server and is pointing to an external time source my company likes, it's ready to be sync'd with, so I wanted to point all my DC's to it, and not time.windows.com

I modified the "NtpServer" REG_SZ parameter to be the IP of my PDC Emulator, restarted the Windows Time Service, and blamo in less than 3600 seconds, it all works again

No comments: