Friday, October 24, 2008

Exchange 2007 Public Folders Rights

Ok, so I inherited the exchange environment, no biggie, but I need to create a new public folder on the root, however, I dont have rights. 2007 SP1 has a new command I can use.

Add-PublicFolderAdministrativePermission -Identity "\Marketing" -User "Chris" -AccessRights AllExtendedRights -Inheritance SelfAndChildren
from:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996369(EXCHG.80).aspx

However, my only question was (and I know i'm a noob) how do I add myself to ALL public folders, I just had to change the identity to "\"

Also to list your Identity's, use this command
Get-PublicFolder –GetChildren

1 comment:

Blogger said...

If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you must watch this video
right away...

(VIDEO) Get your ex CRAWLING back to you...?